Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dear Family,

Okay, so this is my first email in my first area, Meridian!!! My trainer is named Elder Richards! He is so awesome he has been helping me get used to my new life as a missionary.  I told him that it's so hard to thing about home and friends and family.  But Elder Richards already has helped me out. He told me isn't it awesome that you were for ordained to be called on this mission.  He also said think of it this way. Jacob is at home hanging out with friends, and driving round in his car, but you, your Elder Lee, a missionary called to serve in the Boise Idaho mission.  Elder Lee is going to teach the lessons and bring the spirit to the lives of the people of Boise!  Just lose yourself in the work.  That's what I really want to do right know.  We have 4 investigators that we are teaching today.   I'm already teaching People!!!! This is so intense!!! 
   I LOVE NOT HAVING A TIME LIMIT!!!!!! Well I do but it wont kick me off the computer at that second. =)   So, my first day in the field was crazy.  I woke up at 4 to get ready to go and got on a bus to the airport.  Our plane was supposed to leave at 8 but it was delayed until 10:32 and then we left.  Really boring but I hand time to read my scriptures and write letters. A lot of the missionaries did some contacting. To bad most of them were LDS members. One of the families they met, actually lives in my area! So crazy. After we got on the plane I tried talking to the guy sitting next to me. He was already LDS, so we just talked for a little bit and I just started to write some more. After we touched down and got off the plane we met President Cannon.  He is a really nice. And really tall. We went to his house and had dinner and introduced ourselves.  Then we went over to the mission home to meet our trainers.  Elder Richards is my Dad. lol  We took a 3 generations picture.  Elder Neilson (grandpa), Elder Richards (dad), and Elder Lee (son).  It was really funny. Then we got taken to our house.  We live with the Halls. They are really nice people. We dropped off my stuff and then we went tracking. I was super scared. There were some really nice people that just told us they were just not interested. We tracked that street and then we went to a non members house but he was really close to the people in the ward but didn't want to get baptized. So we talked to him for a while and then we went to a dinner appointment. And then went home and talked for a little bit, wrote in my journal for a while and went to bed. Again an Intense day!
     I have to email my mission president now.  I love you all so much. I really miss you guys. I'm really looking forward to those pictures.=). 

LOVE 
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment